(Click here to view her website – updated 7/03/11)
Six points i took from the lecture –
- Keep up your incidental exercise and increase it as much as possible. Three gym sessions a week doesn’t mean you can take it easy the other 165 hours a week! Aim for 10,000 steps a day.
- Keep your portions smaller and forget about counting calories. Use smaller plates and savour your meals. Enjoy your food! Eat more slowly and avoid watching television while you eat. Stop eating before you’re full (stop at an 8/10).
- The major component of you diet should be unprocessed. Eat more vegetables, fish, game meats, nuts, salad, dairy, eggs and whole grains.
- Stick to 3 meals a day with 2 snacks if you need it. This fits into our lifestyle far better than trying for 6 small meals and you won’t be thinking about food all day long!
- If you reward yourself, don’t let the reward be food or drink. Treat yourself in other ways – such as a massage, a round of golf, a handbag etc
- Make sure every meal has approximately 50% Vegetables or Fruit, 20% Quality Protein, 25% Quality Carb and 5% Healthy Fat.